NuMed Silver Alginate Dressing & Rope are soft, conformable wound dressings with a high mannuronic acid content. The silver impregnated alginate fibers, 1.4% w/w silver as silver
calcium alginate per dressing, forms a gel when in contact with wound exudate or blood, which creates a moist wound healing environment. The silver in the alginate wound dressing has an antibacterial effect on various types of bacteria including; Staphylococcus aureus and E coli. The sustained release of silver ions protects the dressing from a broad spectrum of bacterial contamination over a period of up to 3 days.
• Antibacterial effect on numerous strains of bacteria
• Protects wounds from bacterial contamination
• Designed to adapt to the shape of wound cavity
• Quickly absorbs wound fluids and forms a gel like covering over the wound
• Creates an ideal moist wound healing environment
• Can absorb up to 20 times its weight
• Easy to apply
NuMed Silver Alginate Dressing is indicated for use in treating:
• Moderate to heavily draining wounds, tunneling wounds
• May help reduce infection in partial and full thickness wounds
• Leg ulcers
• Diabetic ulcers
• Venous ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Surgical and traumatic wounds
• Oncology wounds with exudates
• 1st and 2nd degree burns
1. NuMed Silver Alginate Dressing is not recommended for use
on third degree burns.
2. Not recommended for use on light exudate and dry eschar.
3. Not indicated for use on wounds that require surgical measures to achieve hemostasis.
4. Contraindicated in patients with known sensitivity to silver.