NuMed Hydrocolloid Bordered Dressing a latex free, pressure sensitive occlusive dressing comprised of hydrophilic granules laminated to a permeable, bacteria and water proof polyurethane film backing with the added benefit of an adhesive border. Will not stick to the wound and makes removal pain free.
• Water and bacteria proof polyurethane backing protects wound from external moisture and bacteria
• Promotes healing by providing an ideal environment for the formation of granulation tissue
• Helps minimize associated allergic reactions and odor
• Manages light to moderate amounts of wound exudate
• Semi-transparent allows for non invasive wound inspection
• Assists in wound clean up (by Autolytic Debridement)
• Removal of dressing will not damage newly formed tissue
• Conformable for easy application and helps reduce pain at wound site
NuMed Hydrocolloid Bordered Dressing is indicated for use in treating clean granulating and epithelializing superficial wounds with low to moderate exudate.
Some typical wounds are:
• Burns (1st and 2nd degree)
• Leg ulcers (venous, arterial, diabetic)
• Pressure ulcers
• Surgical incisions and excisions
• Donor sites
• Chronic slow healing wounds and abrasions
• Superficial blisters
• May also be used in the treatment of eczema
1. NuMed Hydrocolloid Bordered Dressing should not be used on third degree burns, exposed muscle, bone, tendon or infected wounds.
2. Do not use on full thickness or wounds with heavy exudates.